Terms and Conditions
1.Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a deposit of 50% of the course fee. Clients agree to pay the full amount due no later than 28 days before the course date.
If the complete balance is not paid within this time frame, Lochaber Guides reserve the right to cancel the course resulting in loss of deposit.
If clients cancel before the course date, the following refunds apply
– up to 12 weeks before- full refund minus a discretionary £25 admin fee
-12-8 weeks before- 50% refunded of monies paid minus a discretionary £25 admin fee
– 8-4 weeks before- 25% refunded of monies paid minus a discretionary £25 admin fee
– 4 weeks or less- no refunds
If clients wish to change dates from those already booked, a discretionary fee of £100 on top of the fee already paid may be charged. This is to allow us to honour our bookings with guides we have already hired. Change of dates and fees will be subject to Lochaber Guides’ discretion and availability.
UK Bank transfers- please clearly state your name and course/trip in the payee reference area.
Bank details will be sent out to you upon receipt of your booking form.
International Bank Transfers- Please note you are responsible for any bank fees/charges incurred. We recommend using a service such as Transferwise to reduce fees
•Cheques- Please ensure personal cheques reach us in time to be cleared for the above time. Please make personal cheques payable to David Anderson. Address to post to is 60 Castle Drive, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33 7NS
•Paypal-This can be done via the Booking Form on the website. The balance can be paid via Paypal via the Balance Payment Page.
If not using the forms, the email address for our Paypal account is email@example.com
2. Clients will be expected to supply their own food, accommodation and transport to the course/mountain venue. We will be happy to recommend local accommodation.
3. In the event that we have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances a full refund of the fee paid will be offered or an alternative date if applicable. Clients will be responsible for their own expenses including travel costs etc. in this unlikely event.
4. We reserve the right to refuse participation of clients believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and if so, no refund will be given.
5. It is the responsibility of all clients to make Lochaber Guides aware of any medical condition that may have a bearing on their participation on the course.
6. Appropriate alternatives will be offered in the event of extremely severe, unprecedented or unsuitable weather/snow conditions. This will be discussed in advance and may be some lower level routes, scrambling or possibly making use of an indoor climbing facility looking at coaching of climbing movement/rope work etc if appropriate to the client’s aims and objectives. If clients choose not to accept the alternative options available, this will be viewed as a cancellation resulting in no refunds given.
It is really important the clients understand the constantly changing, dynamic nature of the mountains and the weather/avalanche conditions and are willing to be flexible enough with plans to adapt to these conditions. Adapting your plan to suit the conditions is a fundamental skill for mountaineering.
7. We strongly recommend clients take appropriate cancellation insurance for example through the BMC for their trip (www.thebmc.co.uk/insurance).
8. Clients agree to pay the full cost of any damage done to hired or borrowed equipment due to negligence or deliberate misuse.
9. Lochaber Guides are not responsible for any injury caused by damaged or faulty hire equipment which has been hired externally although every effort will be made to ensure equipment is safe prior to use.
10. No guarantee is made for clients to reach the summit of a particular peak. Safety is paramount and overrides any particular objectives for the day. Clients must agree to follow guides’/instructor’s decisions in terms of safety when on the mountain.
11. Clients are responsible to inform Lochaber Guides of any changes to their booking, for example, extra people participating and to pay any increased amounts that correspond to this change. This must be done no later than 7 days before the trip/course date. Lochaber Guides reserve the right to cancel the trip if they feel an uninformed increase in group numbers will jeopardise group safety or go against ratios for the particular trip.
12. Lochaber Guides reserve the right to refuse to take clients who are not properly equipped for their chosen activity onto the mountain. Every effort will be made to ensure clients know what equipment is needed and hire arranged if necessary. However if clients lack or have an obviously poor choice of equipment, which may then impact on their own safety, or safety of the group, they will not be allowed to participate, resulting in no refunds.
13. Under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
14. No pets will be allowed to accompany a group onto the mountain.